Welcome to the UK & Ireland Engineering Education Research Network – Newer Researchers Network.
As a group our vision is to provide a place where researchers who are new to the field of Engineering Education Research can gain support and knowledge. We see this occurring through the sharing of ideas and experiences, and as your representatives on the UK&IE EERN committee we aim to:
- Promote the EERN UK&I to Newer Researchers.
- Ensure that Newer Researcher voices are heard at EERN events.
- Provide training opportunities for Newer Researchers.
- Develop a network of support and community for Newer Researchers.
In order to embrace our diverse community and to encourage researchers from different backgrounds to conduct high quality Engineering Education Research, we have a broad definition of who we consider a Newer Researcher to be:
- an EER PhD student;
- an early career researcher (ECR) who is no more than two years post gaining their EER PhD;
- an engineering academic who is within three years of beginning research into engineering education.
As the network begins to grow the committee are keen to hear from Newer Researchers, so if you feel that you identify as a Newer Researcher in Engineering Education than contact the network via the website or on social media (@EERN_ECR) to get involved in the network.
Moving forwards the committee would like to develop a network of support for Newer Researchers.
Meet the committee
Let’s build our educational practice together.
To become a member, please email us:
To be alerted when new posts are available, please superscribe below: